Survivors of Deceased Delta Pilot Page
What do I have (or don’t have) page for survivors?
Okay, things have changed and will continue too, you can bet on that.
Now, (as related to the survivor benefits from our former DAL job)
bottom line, what do I have?
This is a comprehensive page for the survivors of a former Delta Pilot
- Call Delta ESC 1-800-MYDELTA (1-800-693-3582)
Delta Intranet Home Page:
D & S Plan & Trust
When pilot dies survivor is entitled to approx 35% of Final Avg Earnings
Survivor Benefits from D & S Trust - Gost & George 5/1/08
Delta Disabled Pilots & Survivors Association
HCTC for eligible pilots between ages 55-65
Distributed “claim” for Non-Qualified (1 time claim distributed-once and done!)
Continued “qualified” benefits (or Defined benefit pension) now paid by PBGC
Survivor Benefits: (Review your life insurance needs while keeping the following in mind)
- Delta Pilots Disability & Survivor Plan Trust Fund (YES, please click here)
- DPMA? (None. Any and all benefits terminate upon your retirement)
- Delta paid life insurance? (Retired pilot is covered by $10,000 policy).
- Your Independent life insurance
- Check Group plans, like DECU through CUNA at least $1000
- Any other association membership like EAA, AOPA may have a small group min policy.
- Social Security Administration has a small lump sum for death.
- ALPA insurance or any other benefit – None
Official web sites for my access as a retiree:
- Delta Pilot DDPSA Delta Disabled Pilots & Survivor Association
- PBGC PBGC at 1-800-400-7242 (Monthly Benefits STOP for most survivors, but D&S Trust begins)
- Delta ExtraNet (Retiree limited access to Travel Net, ESS, Flight Ops and more)
- DALRC (Delta Air Lines Retirement Committee)
Helpful web sites for Delta Pilot Retirees:
- PCN Pilot Communicaton Net
Email rings signup: